Safeguarding Children and Young People - £600 for up to 12 candidates
This course will cover safeguarding for children and young people.
The course will enable you to understand the underpinning knowledge regarding safeguarding and cover best practice for the welfare of children. This course will require your full commitment regarding personal development and ability to constantly update your own awareness on the subject and we will place ongoing support following this course to help you as you move forward in this field, to ensure that the training you gain is the best possible.
WHY IS THIS COURSE IMPORTANT?
Employers are responsible for ensuring their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare and they are aware of how to respond to safeguarding concerns.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COURSE?
The purpose of our training is to achieve better outcomes for children and young people by developing
. A shared understanding of tasks, processes, principles and roles and responsibilities for safeguarding
. Developing or increasing a more effective approach to settings, both at a strategic and individual level
. Developing/ improving communication pathways
. A common understanding of key terms, definitions for intervention and action
. Sound decision and action on information sharing, work based assessment and critical analysis
- WHAT IS SAFEGUARDING AND CHILD / YOUNG PEOPLE ABUSE
- CATEGORIES OF ABUSE
- SIGNS AND INDICATORS OF POSSIBLE ABUSE
- RELEVANT LEGISLATION AND GUIDANCE
- IDENTIFYING BARRIERS TO CHILDREN AND ADULTS REPORTING CONCERNS
- RESPONSIBILITY - REPORTING
- SAFEGUARDING ASSESSMENT TOOLS
- PROCEDURES / CODES OF PRACTICE
- IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING
- POLICY WRITING
- SAFER RECRUITMENT
- PREPARING FOR MICRO DELIVERY ON DAY THREE
- GROUP DYNAMICS
- WORKING WITH STRONG FEELINGS
- HANDLING FEAR AND RESISTANCE
- PERSONALISING YOUR WORK
- CREATING ENERGY IN THE TRAINING ROOM
- PERSONALITY AS A TOOL
- SMALL GROUP MICRO DELIVERY