Working in Isolation
“This course will identify methods of dealing with different people and situations involving clients, colleagues and the general public”
MMVA has designed a course to help deal with the increasing need to train your staff in dealing with violence, aggression, bullying and intimidating behaviour of a challenging manner in the interest of personal safety in the workplace and whilst out and about.
Having a sound knowledge of effective communication techniques and the ability to recognise and respond effectively will provide individuals and the organisation with the skills to prevent or reduce them. In turn, this will reflect on the professional image of the organisation and its staff.
The course will achieve its aim to reduce violent incident through individual experiences, group discussions, group work and case studies.
Those who will benefit the most from this course are:
- Those who work alone in the community
- Those who work in clients’ homes
- Those who work in isolation
- Attitudes and the behaviour cycle
- Body posture
- De-Escalation Techniques
- Facial expressions
- Non-verbal communication
- Space awareness
- Stress — cause and effect
- Violence escalation spiral
- Travelling to and from work
- Working In isolation (if applicable)
- Breakaway Techniques
* indicates a required field