L2 Physical Intervention - 2 Days
NEW Endorsed NOCN Certificated NHS Protect National Standard Disengagement & Escort Techniques Course
- Realise that breakaway and self-defence techniques are only used when all other options have failed.
- Understand the Law in relation to the use of force for personal Defence and / or the Defence of others.
The Common and Criminal Law, including the meaning of ‘Reasonable Force’ with reference to Section 3(1) of The Criminal Law Act 1967, in relation to Defence of self and / or others
- Understand how Health & Safety legislation is there for your benefit.
The various elements of Health and Safety Statute and associated Health and Safety Regulations that relate to the use of physical force in the workplace, including what is meant by the:- common-law duty of care’,
- Health and Safety at Work Act etc 1974, sections 2, 3, 7 and 8
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Regulations 3, 8 and 14.
- Apply the correct & safest way to defend themselves from a variety of wrist & body grabs whilst standing, seated behind a desk, in a bed situation, and whilst in a car for those in the community.
- Know the quickest & safest escape from strangles.
- How to apply an effective stance in order to deal with head butts, punches, kicks, & kneeing to the groin.
- Assess, & use your environment, thus working out the quickest possible escape route, to minimise confrontation.
- Remember this is only used as a last resort when your de-escalation & defusing techniques have failed, and to use the minimum amount of force, thus minimising any possible injury to yourself, & the assailant, & to continually remember your responsibility towards therapeutic input at all times.